Let's face it - you are very fortunate to have come this far and you finally have your son or daughter enrolled at one of the top University's in North America - but your job isn't over yet. After first year your children will get an opportunity to learn one of the most important lessons at school that DOESN'T involve a classroom - how to function as an independent adult within the community.
At Paige Property, we realize that 90% of parents pay for their child's living expenses while away at school and it will represent a substantial investment. So don't let that investment go to waste. From how to deal with roommates and neighbours, to landlords and house guests, cleaning chores and garbage to noise complaints and minor household maintenance, Paige Property ensures your child is supported through the entire process.
Our local property managers are available throughout the school year to take care of any major household issues that may arise and we ensure your child is safe. As an added special feature, Paige Property will ease your financial concerns by fixing your child's lease rate for the entire duration of their stay in one of our homes, and in this way you have peace of mind that your costs for housing will not increase.
New to Paige Property
While you were at home enjoying the peace of mind that comes from knowing your child is enrolled at one of North America's top Universities, your son or daughter has been planning for their next school year. Part of this planning involves selecting courses and leasing a home off-campus. Once your son/daughter has signed a lease they have some things they will need to take care of. The list below is designed to help you understand what is required and to ensure you have some time to prepare. We have included approximate dates for reference:
1. House hunting begins - December - January (pls note most 6 bedroom homes are rented by January 15 of each year, so start early)
2. Lease - one lease per property with each student registered on lease
3. Lease Term - one year beginning May 1 of each year and ending April 30th
4. Deposit - in order to secure a property students have 48 hours to provide a deposit for full lease amount. This is then applied to last months rent (LMR). Deposit cheque is current dated (e.g. January 15 NOT May 1)
5. Cheques 1 - post dated monthly cheques are preferred as it minimizes administration for students and parents
6. Cheques 2 - cheques are to be dated the first of each month (except deposit) and made payable to Paige Property or the landlord (unless otherwise specified)
7. Guarantor Forms - required from parents due to age of tenants
8. March 15 - date by which post dated cheques, deposit, and guarantor forms must be returned to Paige Property 9. Moving In - Here is a quick outline of what happens: There will be one move-in inspection with whichever tenants are available and the features and functions of the house will be reviewed at that time. This includes major appliances, use of garbage bins and recycling, yard maintenance and snow removal etc. The house will be thoroughly cleaned prior to move-in (or soon thereafter) by a professional cleaning service and carpets will be included in the cleaning. Walls will be painted where necessary. Access codes will be explained to tenants at this time. Should any major systems within the house, not be working e.g. appliances, we will make arrangements to repair within a reasonable time frame. Any other questions or concerns should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a clear explanation of the property address and the issue.